Haloperidol 10mg Tablets
This medicine belongs to a group of drugs know as neuroleptics. These medicines treat illnesses that affect the way you think, behave or feel such as schizophrenia.
Haloperidol is used to treat illnesses that can make you: feel confused; see, feel or hear things that are not there (hallucinations); believe things that are not true (delusions); be very suspicious of things (paranoia); feel very excited, restless, agitated or hyperactive; feel very aggressive or violent.
Haloperidol can also be used to treat persistent hiccups, to control the symptoms of Tourette’s Syndrome and severe tics (sounds or movements you can’t control), and behavioural problems in children.
Please contact Crescent Pharma should you require any more information.
Therapeutic Indications for Haloperidol 10mg Tablets
Haloperidol is a neuroleptic butyrophenone drug indicated for the following conditions:
- Schizophrenia; treatment of symptoms and prevention of relapse.
- Other psychoses, especially paranoia.
- Mania and hypomania.
- Mental or behavioural problems such as aggression, hyperactivity and self-mutilation in the mentally retarded and in patients with organic brain damage.
- As an adjunct to short term management of moderate to severe psychomotor agitation, excitement, violent or dangerously impulsive behaviour.
- Intractable hiccup.
- Restlessness and agitation in the elderly.
- Gilles De La Tourette syndrome and severe tics.
- Childhood behavioural disorders especially when associated with hyperactivity and aggression.
- Gilles De La Tourette syndrome.
- Childhood schizophrenia.