Candesartan 8mg Tablets
The name of your medicine is Candesartan Tablets. The active ingredient is candesartan cilexetil. This belongs to a group of medicines called angiotenin II receptor antagonists. It works by making your blood vessels relax and widen. This helps to lower your blood pressure. It also makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to all parts of your body.
Candesartam can be used to:
- treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in adult patients and in children and adolescents aged 6 to <18 years
- treat adult heart failure patients with reduced heart muscle function when Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors cannot be used or in addition to ACE inhibitors when symptoms persist despite treatment and mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRA) cannot be used. (ACE inhibitors and MRA are medicines used to treat heart failure).
Please contact Crescent Pharma should you require any more information.
Therapeutic indications for Candesartan 8mg Tablets
Candesartan Cilexetil is indicated for the:
- Treatment of essential hypertension in adults.
- The treatment of hypertension in children and adolescents aged 6 to <18 years.
- Treatment of adult patients with heart failure and impaired left ventricular systolic function (left ventricular ejection fraction ≤ 40%) when ACE inhibitors are not tolerated or as add-on therapy to ACE-inhibitors in patients with symptomatic heart failure, despite optimal therapy, when mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists are not tolerated (see section 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 and 5.1).